Current time: 10-02-2014, 08:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Epic Cards
07-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Getting Epic Cards
I am a newbie here and need a little help, is the only way to get epic cards through Legendary packs?

Also, obviously you can buy card packs with gold and runes, but do packs open up through gameplay in the campaign mode? If so how does this work?

I know that you can get free packs buy leveling so I am not refering to that with the above question.

If packs do open up through campaign mode are there greater percentages of legendary packs opening up by facing the final boss?

Someone please help me understand how this works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2013, 12:20 AM
RE: Getting Epic Cards
Legendary packs are not the only way. Common and Ancient packs can also give epic cards but at a lower rate. There's also alchemy.

You get some cards in the campaign without opening packs. They come from a predefined pool of cards though. I've completed the campaign on 14 heroes and not received any epic cards from the campaign card pool. You get rare minions from the last island. The final boss has a high chance to give Lord Velik.

Glufs on Android.
Glufsarn on iOS.
07-14-2013, 01:21 AM
This is interesting, I am trying to find the thread that I read that in but for some reason I thought that you can get legendary card packs become "open" sometimes when you defeat the last boss.

I do know that you can get common and ancient card packs that become "open" randomly while playing the campaign.

Just to confirm what you are saying Gurum you have not ever had a legendary card pack become "open" during the campaign? Also have you ever had a common or ancient pack become "open" during the campaign.

Hoping some others will way in on this.
07-14-2013, 02:04 AM
(07-14-2013 01:21 AM)Onyxstormm Wrote:  This is interesting, I am trying to find the thread that I read that in but for some reason I thought that you can get legendary card packs become "open" sometimes when you defeat the last boss.

I do know that you can get common and ancient card packs that become "open" randomly while playing the campaign.

Just to confirm what you are saying Gurum you have not ever had a legendary card pack become "open" during the campaign? Also have you ever had a common or ancient pack become "open" during the campaign.

Hoping some others will way in on this.

Yes before the update you got Legendary opens at a much higher rate from doing the last bosses of campaign. After the update so far i haven´t got anything but common opens.

Slyther

Add me on Gameloft: SlytherC (ios)
07-14-2013, 02:12 AM
I don't remember ever getting a Legendary pack open on the campaign from defeating a boss (on Android), only from attaining level 15 and 20.

I have gotten 3 Legendary packs so far by farming Lord Wrymslayer after the campaign is over.
07-14-2013, 02:15 AM
did the legendary packs only drop from the last boss?

What about the common and ancient? Can those drop from anything in the campaign?
07-14-2013, 02:19 AM
I´ve gotten all opens from farming Lord Wyrmslayer and it was random. But as i said before it doesn´t happen anymore or atleast not to me, only getting Common opens and very rarely aswell.

Slyther

Add me on Gameloft: SlytherC (ios)
07-14-2013, 02:20 AM
The packs dropped from farming the 2nd to last boss. He's a lot easier to defeat quickly than Zepar (the last boss) because he doesn't use any Smite of God cards. I have also gotten many common packs from this boss and 1 ancient pack so far. He also gives a decent amount of gold and xp.

I have not tried farming other bosses in the campaign so I have no info on drops from them. I think someone posted on this forum that they have had card packs drop from other bosses on the last island.
07-14-2013, 03:14 AM
After completing the campaign and farming bosses I've had opens but not before. Would be interesting to get some statistics from after the patch.

Glufs on Android.
Glufsarn on iOS.
07-15-2013, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 07:07 AM by samotyr.)
I can confirm that the legendary open still do exist. But they are very rare. I have farmend Lord Wyrmslayer and only got common opens. But by farming Zepar I got 2-3 ancients, 1 legendary and a lot of common opens. All that on Android with the latest update and the previous version.

But, let me tell you that by "rare" I really do mean rare. I managed to get 1 legendary open by leveling 2 heroes from 15-20! I would recommend to farm Zepar instead of Wyrmslayer, even considering the occasional loss, it is stil worth it. Chances for ancient and legendary opens seem to be way higher from beating Zepar than Wyrmslayer. At this point I even doubt, that there is any other reward from farming Wyrmslayer besides the common card pack opens. I leveled one of my heroes completely on Wyrmslayer up to 20 and changed to farm Zepar on the 2nd one somewhere at level 17 to 20 afaik.